SKB's new Roto Shock Racks feature a 20'' deep rack frame installed in a roto molded tough shell with an integrally molded valance that eliminates the metal valance on the outside of the case, coupled with a rubber gasket on both the front and rear doors for water resistant protection. The integrated molded valance, ergonomic handles, and recessed, heavy-duty twist latches allow these cases to meet most ATA and military specifications. As well as roto molded toughness and ATA ratings, new elastomeric shock technology has replaced the metal coil system to provide an increased level of protection to valuable equipment. Field-replacing our standard shocks with other available elastomeric shocks can easily accommodate multiple weight bearing requirements. This new Shock series has the recognizable Roto X pattern and they are stackable within the series.
- Threaded steal rails and aluminum cross components form a rigid ''H'' shaped frame
- Unique ''plug'' style lid sealing system: Lid penetrates the body with an approximate 1'' molded-in protusion that provides outstanding sealing and anti-shear properties
- Patent-pending compound hinge system allows the lid to swing out 270º and rest along the sides of the case or easily removed and reinstalled in seconds
- Front and rear doors are fitted with rubber gaskets for water resistant protection
- Military specified and ATA rated
- Stacks securely with wheels on or off, this revolutionary design allows both lids to open completely whiles cases are stacked
- Comfortable, spring-loaded, rubber over-molded handles
- Front Rail to Rear Rail: 20''
- SKB Cases are manufactured of ultra-high molecular weight Polyethylene. This unique material was originally specified by the military for use in weapons cases, due to the fact that it is impervious to solvents, fuels or toxic liquids. It is essentially indestructible, molds easily under heat, and forms an ''impenetrable shield'', thereby protecting whatever it is contains
- SKB also utilizes aluminum valance material for its strength and lightweight characteristics on all closures, with a special ''slot'' for a custom fitted Neoprene gasket that assists in sealing out moisture. SKB does all this valance bending in house to assure a perfect fit
- All riveting on SKB cases utilizes steel backing plates to prevent pulling through the plastic material. This is an SKB invention. This attention to detail is one of many factors that make SKB cases superior to all others
- Rack mount cases utilize aluminum rack frames, and include specially designed rack clips and mounting screws for installation of equipment. The Shockrack interior rack frame is a proprietary design with both front and rear rack rails, and an exclusive shock-spring mechanism engineered by SKB. The shock spring concept originally came from a missile carrying case SKB built for the military
- Handles, wheels, D-rings, exterior feet, cam-action locking latches and butterfly clamps are all heavy duty variety, and are also covered under the exclusive SKB Lifetime Warranty, unless abused. Some of the handles and latches are manufactured by SKB from plastic ''regrind''. Plus SKB has their own investment casting facility for making latches and hardware
See something odd?
Report it here.