My summer-loving heart is still fluttering after hosting a recent #HomemakerHappyHr Twitter chat on the topic of summer fun. I was elated to see so many wonderfully creative and enthusiastic homemakers participate, each offering their most sacred tips for hosting memorable warm-weather soirees.
We even had signature dessert and cocktail recipes flooding the feed. Can you imagine a more fun “happy hour?”
I can’t help but share these morsels of summer fun with each of you. I hope that you will participate in the next Wayfair Twitter chat on June 27th at 8pm EST, too! Without further ado, here are ten tips for flawless summer entertaining:
1. Prepare for the party ahead of time. This allows more time for the host or hostess to enjoy the gathering they’ve created!
2. When temperatures rise, always have something on hand to quench guests’ thirsts. Chilled water with chopped fruit is particularly refreshing—and looks delightful on a tabletop. Freezing fresh lavender flowers or fresh mint leaves in ice cubes is another brilliant touch.
Photo Credit: ##www.bonappetit.com##Bon Appetit##
3. Create a memorable signature cocktail for your party and offer guests unique mixers. My favorite summer mixers are blueberry juice and club soda; interesting garnishes, like garden fruit, also up the ante!
5. Keep wee ones happy with s’mores kits, and a supervised fire pit
. I’m sure loads of adults will join in the fun, too!
6. For larger parties, keep the food offerings to bite-sized proportions (think miniature lobster rolls and portobello sliders!). This allows guests to mingle with ease while satiating their summer cravings.
7. Forgo the florist and favor a few blooms plucked from your summer garden (or swing by the local farmer’s market!)
8. Serve that bubbly in pretty glassware
. After thoughtfully crafting an evening with friends, go the extra mile and break out the real deal—not the plastic stuff.
9. Stand out in the crowd by sending creative invitations to your guests.
10. Have fun! It’s easy to get caught up in playing host or hostess, but you deserve to enjoy this time, too.
What are your favorite tips for summer entertaining?