This asian styled knife features a broad blade and especially sharp cutting edge. The knife of the asian kitchen can be used threefold: for preparing meat, fish and also vegetables. All santoku knives by J.A. Henckels have a fine-polished razor edge that gives them their typical sharpness. The hollow edge is ideal for extra thin cutting.
The Friodur blade is further refined with a special ice-hardening process:
- Heating to 1800 degrees F to harden the steel
- Quenching - cooling down to room temperature quickly
- Freezing to -94 degrees F to enhance the corrosion resistance
- Double tempering to just below -480 degrees F to improve toughness
- Precision forged from a single piece of Zwilling Special Formula Steel
- 57 Rockwell Hardness with hand polished edge
- 15 Degree Angle, 30 degrees in total
- A perfect hand polishing gives the edge its final finish for ultimate sharpeness
- New curved bolster features a soft transition to the blade providing optimium balance and safety and firm support for the thumb
- Hygenic and dishwasher safe
- Synthetic soft touch handle
- Blade dimensions: 7"
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.