Here is one of the best multiple purpose grab and go telescopes that is as perfectly suited for looking at the stars as it is the bird in the tree half a mile away. With more light gathering capability than anything else in this price range and extremely lightweight at 4.6lbs, this package will travel to all your adventures. Don't let its diminutive size and weight fool you, many telescopes like this design are used for research around the globe and even outside Vixen Optics' atmosphere! You are sure to be blown away by its snap focus and razor like images. The Vixen VMC110L is a 110mm (4.33'') aperture modified cassegrain f/9.4 optical tube. The VMC110L includes a built in flip mirror and comes with one eyepiece and a red dot finder. With no corrector plate, the VMC110L features a small corrector lens ahead of the secondary mirror. This compact optical tube, with features found on Vixen Optics' higher end telescopes, is a great pick up and go scope. The Porta II gives great performance when viewing objects at high magnification, the damping and vibration being significantly reduced as compared to other lesser quality telescope mounts.
- Optical design: Precision spherical mirror reflector
- Coating: Multi coating
- Scope: Red dot finder scope
- Flip mirror: Internal
- Astrophotography: Prime focus, eyepiece projection and afocal imaging
- Telescope attachment: Dovetail plate
- Accessories: Flexible slow motion handles (2), dovetail plate, red dot finder, internal slide mirror, PL25mm eyepiece
- Mount: Port II altazimuth mount
- Focal ratio: f/9.4
- Resolving power: 1.05 arc sec
- Limiting magnitude: 12
- Light gathering power: 184x
- Adapter thread: 42mm for T-Ring
- Visual back: 31.7mm push fit
- Optical tube diameter: 4.7'' (119mm)
- Tripod: Aluminum 2 section adjustable; 90cm to 13cm
- Load capacity: 15 lbs
- Vertical and horizontal slow motion: 120 tooth wheel gears whole circle movement, friction control system
15 Issues of Wine Spectator
Included with purchase ($10 value).
See something odd?
Report it here.