Polarie Star Tracker Mount - This compact mount platform allows you to capture night scapes and star images with ease. Set up is simple. The Polarie attaches to a standard camera tripod and can accept any digital camera weighing up to 3.5lbs. Using the included compass on the Polarie, orient the mount to face north. The Polarie features a North Star alignment window that you point at Polaris. The Polarie can also use a polar scope for alignment. Once set, the Polarie tracks with the motion of the stars to eliminate “star trailing” on your images resulting in sharp images of the Universe. The Polarie uses very accurate stepping motors and operates on 2 “AA” batteries.
- 1/2 of celestial tracking rate
- Solar tracking rate (solar time) and Lunar tracking rate (lunar time): Usable in both northern and southern hemispheres
- Wheel gear 57.6mm diameter aluminum alloy axis with full-circle 144-tooth
- Worm gear 9mm diameter high tension brass
- Bearings two pieces
- Drive pulse motor (stepper motor)
- Optional accessory A dedicated polar axis scope for Polarie
- Designed to not only be functional, but also to be compact and attractive
- No visible screws and although, not waterproof, it is designed to function in most weather conditions
- 1.5kg (3.3 lbs) Loading weight with use of Alkaline batteries
- Polar sight hole About 8.9° field of view
- Standard accessory: Compass
- Electricity consumption DC.V.A (At a loading weight of 1.5kg – 3.3 lbs)
- Duration of operation About 4hours:At 20 C (68 F) degrees temperature
- Working voltage 2 x AA-size batteries: DC2.4 - 3.0V
- External power supply: DC4.4 - 5.25V
15 Issues of Wine Spectator
Included with purchase ($10 value).
See something odd?
Report it here.