For so many years the beginning astronomer was forced to buy a mount that was unstable and almost useless when viewing at high power. More often than not, the frustration of using an unstable mount resulted in the telescope only being used for one night and being left in a closet to collect dust. The Porta mount changed all that. It is one of Vixen's proudest designs. The combination of smooth movement, rigid design and stable platform makes your first use a pleasure and will bring you back to view more and more of the night sky. The Vixen Mini Porta comes equipped with two fine adjustment handles for whole circle slow motion in both directions, which are very useful in searching and tracking celestial objects. Manually point your telescope and friction holds your position. In addition, these are great mounts for terrestrial viewing. Vixen Optics' gear drives make it a simple matter to precisely track a planet or a ship on the horizon by simply turning the elevation and/or azimuth control handles. This sturdy observing base weighs just 6 lbs but will hold scopes up to 10 lbs. The “World-Standard" dovetail attachment system on the Mini Porta was developed by Vixen. This allows the Mini Porta to accept various dovetail mounted optical tubes and binoculars.
- Mini Porta mount
- Telescope attachment: Dovetail plate
- Mount: Mini Porta altazimuth mount
- Tripod: Aluminum 2 section adjustable; 70cm to 128cm
- Mount weight: 10 lbs (including tripod)
- Load capacity: 8 lbs (optical tube diameter less than 119mm)
- Vertical and horizontal slow motion: 1 Wheel gears whole circle movement; friction control system with tools for tension adjustment
- Accessories: Slow motion handles (2), built in tool kit, tray to hold eyepieces and cameras
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.