Great introductory telescope with all glass optics. The A70LF is an achromatic refractor with 70mm (2.8'') of aperture. Its focal length is 900mm (3') with an F ratio of 12.9. This lightweight telescope has a maximum magnifying power of 143x and reaches a limiting visual magnitude of 11. Its light gathering is 100 times better than the human eye and has a maximum (realistic) power of 143x. It weighs about 4 lbs and is covered by Vixen's 5 year warranty. The A70LF OTA (optical tube) comes complete with a smaller 6x24mm finder telescope that attaches to the main scope to help you center the object, a 20mm eyepiece for general viewing, a 6.3mm eyepiece for those really clear nights for high power viewing, and a dew / sun shield (not for solar observing).
- Complete tube rings and dovetail plate to quickly attach the A70LF to a Vixen mount
- Diagonal prism connects the eyepiece to the telescope
- Accessories: PL20mm, PL6.3mm, 31.7mm erect image diagonal
- Optical design: Achromatic refractor
- Focal ratio: F/12.9
- Resolving power: 1.66 arc sec
- Limiting magnitude: 11.0
- Light gathering power: 100x
- Finder scope: 6x24mm finder
- Field of view: 5°
- Adapter thread: 42mm for T-Ring
12 Issues of Golf Magazine
Included with purchase ($20 value).
See something odd?
Report it here.