In 1848 Anton Schneider began producing cuckoo clocks at his farmhouse in Schonach, Germany. The Schneider family business has been passed down through six generations, and his family continues to uphold the standards of quality and excellence that were put into place by Anton himself. In 1952 the business was moved to its current location in the Black Forest region and since then has undergone 7 periods of factory growth and updates. Today, the Schneider clock factory is among the most modern and largest cuckoo clock factories in the Black Forest.
Throughout their rapid expansion and growth, the Schneider family has not only excelled in upholding the old tradition of hand carving, but has been able to improve upon their hand carving techniques. To accomplish this, skilled woodcarvers undergo intensive training to learn ancient handicraft skills and an appreciation for detail. The company employs highly qualified workers, most of whom have worked for them for the last 20 to 40 years. Thanks to their highly skilled workers and rigorous final inspections, the new generation of Schneider cuckoo clocks comes with a guarantee of excellence.