Traveling with your pet should be enjoyable - not stressful!
1. Book reservations for you and your pet early. Most airlines restrict the number
of pets allowed on board each flight.
2. Complete the SPG™ Guaranteed On-Board™ forms, or call your airline for its specific requirements.
3. Research your destination city’s pet rules & regulations, along with those of
where you will be staying.
4. Prep your pet for travel. Be sure it has ample time to adjust to its carrier
and practice traveling with your pet in the carrier on short trips prior to
the big day.
5. Make an appointment with your vet. Acquire a health certificate and ensure
your pet is up-to-date with its shots, no more than 10 days prior to your
6. Research & create list of local vets/emergency clinics at your destination.
7. Be sure to have all your travel documents in order. Do you have your pet’s
health certificate? Do you have your Guaranteed On-Board™ forms to
show to the gate agent?
8. Have your contact info clearly and securely labeled on both your pet’s carrier
and on your pet’s tags.
9. Pack for your pet in advance so you can be sure nothing is forgotten.
10. Arrive early on your day of departure and allow ample time for you and your
pet to check-in and board your flight. Plan ahead and research various locations
at the airport(s) where your pet can relieve itself prior to (and between) flying.