These heavy-duty ATA Shipping Cases are as tough as nails. Designed for real abuse the Maximum Protection Series Shipping Cases are the shipping containers of choice for transporting goods and valuable equipment.
- Gasketed, heavy-duty ''L'' valance ensures secure close
- Molded-in protective bumpers
- Heavy-duty twist latch system
- Comfortable, spring loaded side handles
- Foam inserts not included
- Cases stack securely and accommodate padlocks
- SKB Cases are manufactured of ultra-high molecular weight Polyethylene. This unique material was originally specified by the military for use in weapons cases, due to the fact that it is impervious to solvents, fuels or toxic liquids. It is essentially indestructible, molds easily under heat, and forms an ''impenetrable shield'', thereby protecting whatever it is contains
- SKB also utilizes aluminum valance material for its strength and lightweight characteristics on all closures, with a special ''slot'' for a custom fitted Neoprene gasket that assists in sealing out moisture. SKB does all this valance bending in house to assure a perfect fit
- All riveting on SKB cases utilizes steel backing plates to prevent pulling through the plastic material. This is an SKB invention. This attention to detail is one of many factors that make SKB cases superior to all others
- Hardshell construction is resistant to UV, solvents, corrosion, fungus and impact damage
- Rack mount cases utilize aluminum rack frames, and include specially designed rack clips and mounting screws for installation of equipment. The Shockrack interior rack frame is a proprietary design with both front and rear rack rails, and an exclusive shock-spring mechanism engineered by SKB. The shock spring concept originally came from a missile carrying case SKB built for the military
- Interior: Empty
- Handles, wheels, D-rings, exterior feet, cam-action locking latches and butterfly clamps are all heavy duty variety, and are also covered under the exclusive SKB Lifetime Warranty, unless abused. Some of the handles and latches are manufactured by SKB from plastic ''regrind''. Plus SKB has their own investment casting facility for making latches and hardware
15 Issues of Wine Spectator
Included with purchase ($10 value).
See something odd?
Report it here.