free shippingon orders over $49*
Although Richardson Seating was founded in 1975, its history and product line goes back much further. After the end of WWII, Richardson Seating’s founder, Harry Richardson returned from active duty to his hometown of Chicago, IL. Around 1950 Harry decided to start a furniture manufacturing company. Harry recruited his brother Rueben and his father to form his family’s first bar stool and chair manufacturing company. This company (which is still in business today and a current customer of Richardson) specialized in commercial chairs and commercial bar stools for the foodservice industry. Richardson Seating’s first factory was located on Justine in the Fulton corridor. In 1983 Richardson Seating moved a few blocks away to its current 75,000 square foot home on Arthington Street. In 1984 Harry Richardson passed away and Harry’s son in law Earl Lichtenstein became CEO. Earl is the current CEO and owner of Richardson Seating. Earl works alongside his two sons (and Harry’s grandsons) Ira and Scott who have been with the company for several years each. Earl and his sons continue to build commercial quality bar stools and chairs just like their father and grandfather before them.