The new US Series is the ultimate in American technology with its roto molded tuff shell, front and rear lids, recessed heavy-duty twist latches, molded in handles, shock absorbing rubber feet and the recognizable patented deep Roto-X pattern for solid stackability. The unique molded-in unbendable valance and steel threaded rails with self tapping screws make the US Series racks convenient to use and the most durable.About SKBIn 1977, the first SKB case was manufactured in a small Anaheim, California garage. Today SKB engineers provide cases for hundreds of companies involved in many diverse industries. We enter the new millennium with a true sense of accomplishment for the 2+ decades of steady growth and for our adherence to quality standards that make us industry leaders. We never lose sight of the fact that our customers give us the opportunity to excel and their challenges allow us to develop and grow. We are grateful for their trust and loyalty, and we remain dedicated to the assurance that every case with an SKB logo has been manufactured with an unconditional commitment to unsurpassed quality.The Manufacturing ProcessThe Evolution, Components and Construction of SKB Cases. The unique styling, construction materials and engineering of SKB Cases were the result of many years of research and development by the principle owners of the company. Today, Dave Sanderson and Steve Kottman run SKB Corporation's more than 550 employees in 3 manufacturing facilities around the clock, in order to meet the global demands. Currently, SKB manufactures cases for military/industrial purposes, the Music Pro Audio Industry and Sports Cases.
- SKB Cases are manufactured of ultra-high molecular weight Polyethylene. This unique material was originally specified by the military for use in weapons cases, due to the fact that it is impervious to solvents, fuels or toxic liquids. It is essentially indestructible, molds easily under heat, and forms an ''impenetrable shield'', thereby protecting whatever it is contains.
- SKB also utilizes aluminum valance material for its strength and lightweight characteristics on all closures, with a special ''slot'' for a custom fitted Neoprene gasket that assists in sealing out moisture. SKB does all this valance bending in house to assure a perfect fit.
- All riveting on SKB cases utilizes steel backing plates to prevent pulling through the plastic material. This is an SKB invention. This attention to detail is one of many factors that make SKB cases superior to all others.
- Rack mount cases utilize aluminum rack frames, and include specially designed rack clips and mounting screws for installation of equipment. The Shockrack interior rack frame is a proprietary design with both front and rear rack rails, and an exclusive shock-spring mechanism engineered by SKB. The shock spring concept originally came from a missile carrying case SKB built for the military.
- Handles, wheels, D-rings, exterior feet, cam-action locking latches and butterfly clamps are all heavy duty variety, and are also covered under the exclusive SKB Lifetime Warranty, unless abused. Some of the handles and latches are manufactured by SKB from plastic ''regrind''. Plus SKB has their own investment casting facility for making latches and hardware.