Professional canoe guides and outfitters have relied on plastic or fiberglass for their fleets of boats. Each of them has its own merit. One is inexpensive, the other light. But none of them has the beautiful look. At Woodenboat USA, they are determined to make something stunning beautiful and at the same time strong, durable and lightweight. How can we achieve all of these? All of the canoes / kayaks are assembled from strips of top graded Canadian cedar (a very rare soft yet very strong timber) and then encapsulated in fiberglass with epoxy resin.
- Material: Wood
- 100% western red cedar
- Use the traditional method of constructions while integrating the highest quality of materials currently available
- Completely handcrafted and it typically takes about 500 hours to build one
- Strips of cedars are joined together by hand and encapsulated in fiberglass bonded in place with epoxy resin then coated with marine vanish
- Combination of fiberglass and epoxy is very strong and completely transparent
- Fiberglass adds important tensile strength and abrasion resistance to the wood
- Stunning beautiful clear graded cedar hull
- Designed for a wide range of uses, comfortable for either a short day trip or long journey
- Comes with 2 show graded sets of wooden paddles
- Bow height: 17.5"
- Stern height: 16.5"
- Cockpit: 27.5" L x 16" W
- Weight: Approximate 65 lbs
- Capacity: 650 lbs
- Dimensions: 10" H x 229" W x 27" D
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.