The Asunta Pelaez Artisan Collection is brought to you by Novica in Association with National Geograhic. This beautiful piece was handcrafted by Asunta Pelaez in Peru. An artisan story card will be included with your purchase. The wondrous and colorful art of Cajamarca finds reflection in this mirror, hand-painted with elaborate detail by Asunta Pelaez. The mirror is surrounded by painted glass panels radiating with golden light akin to the brightest star in the Peruvian firmament. ; About the Artist: Asunta Pelaez; Asunta Pelaez tells her story: 'At first my I husband's family taught me, then we united our skills and labor. I realized that the more I practiced, the more this craft won me over, offering me tremendous gratification. Now I consider it a way of life. This whole process demands incredible patience and attention to detail. My designs are inspired by nature, and by traditional scenes from my town and region. I feel very proud of the works that I create.'
- Reverse painted glass on MDF construction
- Wondrous and colorful art
- Hand painted with elaborate detail
- Mirror is surrounded by painted glass panels radiating
- Golden light akin to brightest star
- Hand crafted artisan quality
- Mirror included
- Overall dimensions: 17.25" H x 17.25" W x 0.8" D
- Mirror dimensions: 9" H x 9" W
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.