12 inch stainless steel lid. This lid has been certified for restaurant use by NSF International, the independent certification organization for public health safety.
- Hand wash recommended
- Reduce: Purchasing in precise widths and gauges for each product to produce the smallest amount of scrap possible
- Reduce: Designing packaging to use minimal raw material, all of which is made from recycled materials
- Reuse: Reducing water usage by recirculating the water in their washing systems for reuse
- Reuse: Pallets are reused many times in their factory, and they rebuild or recycle them if they are damaged
- Recycle: Recycling even the tiniest bits of scrap, right down to the aluminum shavings produced by smoothing out the rough edges on castings
- Recycle: Melting down damaged castings to reduce waste and selling aluminum scrap directly back to the mill from which they purchase their materials
- Stainless Seel construction
- Nordic Ware: A Commitment to SustainabilityBeing green is not a fad or trend at Nordic Ware; it is something they've been practicing for many years. They firmly believe that sustainability is no longer an option; rather, it is a requirement.Nordic Ware has received green recognition awards for being leaders in reducing the environmental impact that businesses have on their communities. Because they do their manufacturing in the United States of America, they are able to carefully monitor and control the materials and the processes they use, creating the smallest eco-footprint possible.Nordic Ware takes pride in having a sustainable business and making continual improvements to their manufacturing practices each year. You can be confident that Nordic Ware's products are made in the USA under fair labor practices and meet or surpass stringent US environmental standards.Here are just some of the eco-friendly initiatives Nordic Ware has undertaken:
15 Issues of Wine Spectator
Included with purchase ($10 value).
See something odd?
Report it here.