About the DesignerNeil Cohen
Humor, playfulness and serendipity may on first impression seem incompatible with the serious business of designing products for Nambé. Meet Neil Cohen, who creates some of Nambé's most popular and wondrously beautiful designs in metal, crystal and lighting, and has a ton of fun in the process. Cohen's forward reaching vision and refined sense of shape; material and workmanship characterize his concepts. His work supplies the kind of spark that engages the human spirit. We have said that Nambé designs are "works of art you can use every day." With their combination of humor and discovery, Cohen's strong, concise designs are just that: meaningful experiences in themselves, apart from their functionality. Holder of two degrees from Rhode Island School of Design, Cohen has lectured at his alma mater, as well as at Pratt and Parsons School of Design. His work has been recognized for its innovation by the Steelcase / Interiors Design Partnership, featured in The New York Times and New York Magazine and chosen for the AIGA's Objects of Design Award. The Japan Arts Council has exhibited his designs. The prestigious 30 Under 30 exhibition in New York has showcased his work among 30 young designers who are shaping the future.
It's a wrap! Here, our signature Nambé Alloy plays a supporting role opposite a pair of glass plates to create the scene for your starring photo. The base in this streamlined Neil Cohen work widens as it extends to add weight and stability. And the alloy itself shines with a mirror-like finish. In each, the back plate of glass has a circular cutout to make it easier to lift out and insert a photo.
Neil Cohen, 2008
- Material: Nambé Alloy
- Mirror-like finish
- Accommodates vertical or horizontal photo
Alloy Care and Use:
- 4" x 6" Capacity: 6x4 Photo
- 5" x 7" Capacity: 5x7 Photo
- 8" x 10" Capacity: 8x10 Photo
- Light coating of vegetable oil applied to preheated or chilled Nambé Alloy for each use will provide a protective barrier for highly acidic foods and help protect the finish
- Use wooden or soft rubber utensils to avoid scratches
- Remove dust and fingerprints with a soft, damp cloth
- Use care when placing heavier Nambé pieces on glass surfaces
- Never put Nambé Alloy pieces in the microwave
- Do not put Nambé Alloy in the dishwasher or leave in standing water for long periods of time
- Do not leave food in your Nambé Alloy for longer than three hours; food left for long periods will result in discoloration
- Citrus fruits, peeled or unpeeled, can cause discoloration; highly acidic or salty foods, such as dairy, mayonnaise, tomatoes, other fruits, and vinegars, can cause discoloration and/or pitting
- For Candleholders: To remove wax from candleholders, place them in the freezer until chilled and remove wax; wash with a soft cloth in hot soap and water to remove any wax that remains and dry with a soft cloth
- For Peppermills: To clean your mill, wipe its body with a soft, damp cloth; do not immerse it in water; and always allow your mill to dry completely after cleaning and before filling
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.