The Masahiro knives are amazingly light weight, yet perfectly balanced. The handle is a composition plastic handle which is remarkably durable and is much more practical and longer lasting than a laminated wood handle.
- Masahiro MV-H Knive Collection is produced by Masahiro Co., Ltd. in Seki, Japan
- MV-H range is the top of the line, it is indisputably the best range from one of the best factories in Japan
- The edge of the knife is made up of 80/20 asymmetrical is that 80 percent of the edge is ground on the right side of the blade and 20 percent is ground on the left
- The handle is a heat, moisture and solvent resistant resin which is remarkably durable
More Information on Masahiro Knives:
- Material of Knife: High carbon stainless steel
- Material of Handle: Composition plastic
- Dimensions: 7" D
As is the case with any knife, the edge is the most important feature. In the case of the MV-H, the edge is 80/20 asymmetrical and is polished to a mirror finish. What is meant by 80/20 asymmetrical is that 80 percent of the edge is ground on the right side of the blade and 20 percent is ground on the left side as in the diagram above. This asymmetrical edge is derived from traditional one-sided Japanese knives which are also 80/20 asymmetrical. The 80 percent side on the MV-H is only 1/8" high as compared to 3/4" high on a traditional Japanese knife, but the idea is the same. The idea being that an asymmetrical edge is approximately 35% thinner than a 50/50 straight edge. If comparing the 80/20 edge to a beveled edge, there will be no comparison. The beveled edge will feel like you are cutting with a stick when compared to the Masahiro.
The handle is a heat, moisture and solvent resistant resin which is remarkably durable. It is much more practical and longer lasting than a laminated wood handle. The composite handle is also resistant to bacteria which keeps the knife very hygienic in daily use. The handle is a three rivet design and uses a very wide full tang almost as wide as the handle itself. This provides plenty of room for the rivets and still allows room for the handle to cover the tang for an incredibly smooth rounded handle that feels great in your hand.
Ships via FedEx/UPS
back to top
|7" Santoku Knife
|Suggested Use:||Residential Cutlery|
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
back to top