Lawns where a lot of activity takes place can become compacted. Over time thatch can also build up to create a barrier, keeping water and air from reaching the roots. Core aeration reduces compaction and thatch to let air, water, and fertilizer down to the root zone. Healthy roots are essential to good lawn growth. Core aeration also stimulates root growth by “pruning” the roots. As an added benefit, the removed cores deposit valuable micro-organisms on the lawn surface. Professionals aerate both spring and fall, depending on the type of grass, but aeration is good for most lawns anytime. Check with your lawn care professional for the best schedule for your area. For large lawns, simply choose a new smaller section to aerate as part of your regular maintenance. The difference between aerated and not-aerated sections will be quickly seen.
- Core aerator
- Removes two 0.5" plugs, 3.5" long
- Reduces soil compaction, water run-off and pudding
- Lets air, water and fertilizer down to the roots
- Breaks down thatch
- Promotes vigorous root growth, strengthening tolerance to drought and heat stress
- Dimensions: 37" H x 1" W x 10" D
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.