About the Designer
Lella Massimo Vignelli
Designers Lella and Massimo needed casual furniture for their home near Sorrento. To satisfy this need, they designed a multi-purpose indoor-outdoor grouping ideal for home, hospitality and office environments.
Lella and Massimo Vignelli are among the world's most influential designers. They have brought clarity and coherence to countless projects. Their work is in the permanent collections of museums worldwide, including MoMA, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Cooper-Hewitt Museum. Throughout the years they have help shape corporate identity and provided assistance with publications and product design for Knoll, Cinxsno, Xerox, Perugina, Heller, RAI television and IBM. In 2003 they received the National Design Lifetime Achievement award.
The Design With a nimble sled base providing contrast to an ample, gently rolling seat and back, the Handkerchief Chair is a stylish addition to the dining room or office. Ergonomically sculpted and fluid in form, the Handkerchief chair comes with a number of options to customize it to your space. Choose from five shell colors and three bases finishes to create the look you want. In addition, Handkerchief Chairs are available as both armchairs and side chairs and with or without seatpads.
- High resilience polyurethane cushion bonded to a semi-rigid thermoformed support
- Stack 15-20 high
- Black flexible urethane stacking pad secured between base and shell
- Also available with upholstered seat and as armchair
- Chairs complement Paperclip Tables
- IBD Product Design Award, USA, 1986
- Interior Design, Designers' Choice Award, 1986
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such ''green'' initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council
- The Handkerchief Chair is Greenguard certified
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Handkerchief Chair that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost
- Order with Confidence: Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity
- Features at a Glance: *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production Design Year: 1985Optional nylon glides available
- Features at a Glance: *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production Design Year: 1985Base 7/16'' steel wire finished in smooth powder-coat or polished chrome
- Features at a Glance: *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production Design Year: 1985Compression molded shell made of durable fiberglass reinforced polyester with urethane paint finish
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty