Inspiration comes from all around us, especially for Erika Johnson, a self-professed lover of design with no formal training. She writes about her love for home decor, fashion and style. She also shares her favorite finds. Erika constantly takes inspiration from her surroundings, travel experiences, and from the people she’s met along the way. She’s also about to get married! Erika and her fiancé are working on blending their own distinct styles together in their home.
When the January cold settles over sleepy New England, I catch an unrelenting case of winter wanderlust. Only, my daydreams are different than most. While sun-worshippers yearn for beaches and bronzed color, I like to imagine life in the fairy tale abode that is Aerin Lauder's Aspen home.
Photo Credit: Vogue
An exhibition of minimalist design perfection and flooded with ethereal light, I would likely opt for coffee at home over a day on the slopes. Don't you agree?
The no-fuss feel of the space is softened by touches of luxurious fur rugs and throws. I can't imagine a space more cozy in which to unwind after a long winter day.
Can you imagine the influx of unexpected guests with a mountain home this brilliant? I would keep extra plush towels on hand for each of them!
Luckily for me, my winter wanderlust daydream is closer to reality than one might imagine. I have recreated the look of my favorite mountain home using some of my favorite Wayfair pieces.
1. A mountain home is only complete when boasting a dramatic black and white mountain scene like this stunning Ansel Adams print.
2. Can you imagine a throw more luxurious than this faux arctic fox piece? I would keep one on my bed and another by the fireplace for warming up apres ski.
3. This cozy seat would be perfectly placed near a patio firepit.
4. For unexpected guests, I would keep luxurious bath towels on hand - and warm them as a sweet hostess touch!
5. This fur rug would be perfect for any mountain home - or for treating a case of winter wanderlust.
Now it's your turn. Where do your winter wanderlust daydreams take you?