- Shadow box
- Decorative paper
- Glue dots or double-stick tape
- Acrylic paint (if desired)
1. Select your items with a theme in mind (the location will be the same). There are many mementoes we could have chosen from this trip, but for a cohesive look, we picked keepsakes in neutral, blue, and green hues. You can select your souvenirs based on a portion of the trip, a specific building, or one picture.
2. Once you've gathered your souvenirs, decide how you's like to cover the shadow box. You can paint it or use decorative paper, like we did on the inside of the box.
3. If you use paper, simply measure the box's dimensions and carefully cut the paper to fit. Adhere the paper to the box with glue dots or double-stick tape. If you paint it, let it dry fully before playing around with souvenirs in the box. (We don't want to get paint on our memories!) You can also paint the box's frame. We chose not to paint the wood because it complemented our nature-inspired color palette.
4. Play around with how you want to arrange your souvenirs before sticking them down with glue dots or double-stick tape. Trying different arrangements and groupings is half of the fun!
5. Make sure everything is secure inside the box before hanging it on a wall or placing it on a bookshelf.