Craft paint in same color family (I chose four colors.)
Mini roller brush
Small foam brush
- Measure the cork board and divide the board into four equal sections, or the amount of colors you wish to use to create the ombre effect.
- Mark off each distance and length with the ruler using chalk. (It's easy to wipe off!)
- Line up the painter's tape with the chalk line.
- Using the roller brush, paint the inside of the taped area. Using the mini foam brush, touch up any areas the roller didn't cover.
- Remove painter's tape immediately after painting, while the paint is still wet. Peel the tape off in the direction of your brush strokes.
- Let the board completely dry because you will need to put the painter's tape directly on the painted area to do the next color (see below).
- Repeat with all colors and you're done!