About the DesignerCharles & Ray Eames
Charles Ormond Eames, Jr (1907–1978) and Bernice Alexandra "Ray" (née Kaiser) Eames (1912–1988) were American designers, who worked in and made major contributions to modern architecture and furniture. They also worked in the fields of industrial and graphic design, fine art and film. Introduced in 1958 as a special project by Ray Eames for a private residence being designed by Eero Saarinen and Alexander Girard, the Eames Aluminum Group originally was specified as "leisure furniture." Now used in numerous locations, their classic lines and comfortable suspension have kept them in demand for numerous years and spaces, from contemporary homes to elegant offices and hip startups. The Design
Features at a Glance:
- Aluminum Group chairs were originally developed in 1958 as a special project by Ray Eames for a private residence being designed by Eero Saarinen and Alexander Girard.
- At the time, the furniture was called the "leisure group," or "indoor-outdoor group" since it was meant to address the lack of quality outdoor furniture on the market.
- The seat-back suspension was a major technical achievement and represented a departure from the concept of the chair as a solid shell.
- Wonderfully comfortable, the chairs became the basis for several other Eames designs, including the Soft Pad chairs.
- Unique Suspension
- Continuous piece of seat-back upholstery is stretched tautly between aluminum side ribs
- Firm and flexible "sitting pocket" subtly conforms to body's shape
- Sitting Comfort
- Layered vinyl cushioning within fabric or leather upholstery
- Cygnus™ mesh material designed specifically for Eames Aluminum Group seating
- Cygnus is a self-contouring, flexing material that provides aeration, even weight distribution, and long term comfort
Earth Friendly Modern Construction
- Unmistakable Look
- Ribbed at 1.875" intervals
- Clean, refined appearance
- Cygnus mesh option gives a lighter-scaled, translucent quality
- Environmentally Responsible
- Textiles are made from post-industrial/post-consumer recycled content or pure fabrics
- 100% Recyclable materials
- Knit-to-size fabrics minimize in fabric waste
- Quality Standards
- Fabrics perform to industry standards and pass all applicable testing
- Five criteria assure fabrics perform optimally
- Flame Resistance
- Crocking Resistance (colorfastness)
- Ultra-Violet Light Resistance (fade resistance)
- Physical Properties (resistance to pilling, seam slippage, and tearing)
- Abrasion (ability to withstand surface wear)
- Chair dimensions: 33.75" H x 23" W
- Seat dimensions: 17" - 20" H x 18" D
Why Buy From Us?
- Chairs with the option of No Arms and a Fabric choice of 8 - Leather: Black have the option of same - day shipping
- Chairs with the option of No Arms and a Fabric choice of E - Waterfront: Raven have the option of same - day shipping
- Chairs with the option of No Arms and a Fabric choice of 1 - Color Guard: Natural have the option of same - day shipping
- Chairs with the option of No Arms and a Fabric choice of 8 - Leather: Marmor have the option of same - day shipping
- Chairs with the option of Arms and a Fabric choice of 8 - Leather: Camel have the option of same - day shipping
- All other options ship in 6 - 8 weeks
NOTE: This is a special-order item. As such, orders for this item cannot be cancelled once placed. To ensure your satisfaction, please call us with any questions you have prior to ordering.
- This Eames Aluminum Group product is Specialty Order so as to accommodate complete customization.
- Wayfair stand behind our on all Herman Miller products.
- Wayfair also back a 12-Year. Should you experience any problems with your Eames® Aluminum Group product, Herman Miller will cover the cost of fixing it for you.
- Also, should you discover shortly after receiving your Eames® Aluminum Group product that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost. and Utah
Ships via Front Door Delivery
back to top
|Eames Aluminum Group Side Chair
||34" H x 23" W x 18" D
|Features Options:||Adjustable Height, Tilt Control|
|Product Category:||Office Chairs|
|Style:||Contemporary / Modern|
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
back to top