The Gefen EXT-FW-1394BP Operate your Firewire equipment anywhere up to 1640 feet away. This solution uses a sender and receiver system to instantly send your data from your source to your extended Firewire device. It boasts a remarkable transfer rate of up to 800 Mbps and easily bridges distances up to 1640 feet. This gives you the freedom to operate your computer based equipment and video cameras as if they were connected locally with no signal degradation or time lag. Simply connect your computer to the Firewire extended 800 sender unit with the supplied cable. Connect your extended device to the receiver unit - up to 1640 feet away. One 2-strand LC-LC fiber optic cable, available in several lengths, connect sender (computer) to receiver (Firewire device).
- Extends Firewire devices up to 1640 (500 meters) feet
- Transfer Rates of 100/200/400/800 Mbps
- Compliant with IEEE 1394a and 1394b
- Allows remote devices to operate in real-time, connected to the source
- Works with Apple and PC computers
- Uses fiber optics to ensure long distance performance
- Optical Specifications: IEEE1394b-2002 compliant
- Link connector: Duplex LC
- Fiber type: 62.5 micron, 50.0 micron multi-mode fiber
- Data rates: S100 (122.44 Mbps), S200 (245.76 Mbps), S400 (491.52 Mbps), S800 (983.04 Mbps)
- Power supply: External 12V DC
- Power Consumption: 36 watts (Max)
- Dimensions: 0.86" H x 3.50" W x 3.89" D
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.