About the Manufacturer
With over 55 distribution warehouses and some 3500 retail dealers, Gardall Safe Corporation has made its presence known in the ever increasing, fiercely competitive field of safe manufacturing.
The evolution of Gardall can be traced all the way back to the 1930's when a successful Syracuse retailer named George Bloch began a safe manufacturing plant by the name of Protectall. With Bloch's sharp wit and business savy Protectall was soon doing a very respectable business. All of this fame and prosperity soon attracted the attention of a major competitive manufacturing rival Mosler Safe Company, who eventually bought the company for a sum of $1 million.
After the acquisition, Edward Mosler was appointed to head the company in Syracuse. With the help of Henry Bluestone, who ran the sales department when Bloch owned Protectall, Mosler successfully ran the company until 1949. At that time, Mr. Mosler Sr. decided to close the Syracuse plant and consolidate it into the main Mosler facility in Hamilton, Ohio.
At that point, Bluestone decided to start a safe manufacturing company of his own and named it Gardall Safe Corporation. After soliciting and eventually recieving some badly needed financial aid, Bluestone set up a crude, modest and mostly under-capitalized manufacturing plant.
During that time, Gardall was located in a building that was owned by the Falso family, also owners of Thor Metal Products. Gardall was experiencig severe cash flow problems and Bluestone was needing some help to stay alive. Bluestone approached the Falso's with an offer to purchase the controlling share of the company. He knew that with their sheet metal fabricating knowledge and ability to invest much needed liquidity into the business, he could turn Gardall into a profitable business.
Adolph and Raymond Falso accepted Bluestone's offer in 1970 and purchased Gardall Safe Corporation. Bluestone remained with the company doing what he did best, sales.
In 1978, Adolph Falso became a full-time employee of Gardall as its president. Under his leadership, Gardall continued to improve the quality of its products and introduced many offerings to the line. After almost 30 years of selling directly to dealers, Mr. Falso decided that the proper selling channel for safes was through regional distribution. In 1985 he began the process of converting his dealer business into a distribution-based business.
In 1986, Gardall was purchased by David Patton and Ed Baroody. At the time Baroody, a corporate accountant, was vice president of finance for a division of Shell Oil. Mr. Baroody assumed the role of President of Gardall.
Today Gardall Safe Corporation sells products in all fifty states and around the world. Gardall has become a recognized leader in residential, small business, and commercial grade safes. The quality and integrity established by George Bloch continue today. Modern manufacturing designs allow Gardall to continue to be recognized for it's security and functionality.