This stand was very simple to put together...and it is absolutely beautiful!!!! Definitely glad I made this purchase!!! The only issue is that one of the pegs that holds the shelves was missing. This stand was very simple to put together...and it is absolutely beautiful!!!! Definitely glad I made this purchase!!! The only issue is that one of the pegs that holds the shelves was missing. Other than that, everything else was perfect!!! Absolutely love it!!!"..."Read more
This fireplace has exceeded our expectations. We mounted it on the wall in our bedroom and it is perfect.
- Excellent product description online. The measurements, etc. were exactly asThis fireplace has exceeded our expectations. We mounted it on the wall in our bedroom and it is perfect.
- Excellent product description online. The measurements, etc. were exactly as described.
- Fast shipping - we used standard and it came a day or two before it was even supposed to, but we knew it would thanks to handy tracking.
- Easy to install. It took two of us about an hour and half between unpacking, finding tools and assembling. We did not end up using the bottom bracket (there is a long one that goes horizontally in the middle back with a few screws, then a small one that goes on the bottom) because it didn't line up perfectly and there was a studelectrical situation that we realized we didn't want to mess with in the wall.
- Very realistic flame. We had never even seen an electric fireplace in person before, so we weren't sure what to expect. The flames are created by a light inside at the bottom with a set of rotating metal cut-outs above it. That creates a dancing, realistic-looking flame that is projected onto a plastic backing (the vertical flames) and a plastic bed (where the white rocks rest) that glows like embers. Really neat and very realistic. One can use two different settings for the flame, which makes the light either more dim or more bright, depending on the preferred look. We keep ours on the brighter setting.
- Good heat output. (Note that the heat does come out of the top.) We have used both the high and low heat settings and have been very happy with how quickly and quietly it can heat a large room with about 250 sq. ft.
- Quiet. I grew up in the Midwest and am all too familiar with space heaters and how noisy they can be. This has a very quiet fan and puts out what I think is the perfect amount of noise. It sounds like a high-end gas fireplace's fan and just adds to the ambience.
- Sleek, contemporary design. The picture used by Wayfair is exactly what it looks like (maybe ours has more white rocks, which I like). It's beautiful. The one thing the pictures don't show is the electric cord. It comes out of the top but is guided behind the front hood so it appears to come out the bottom. We are fortunate to have an outlet right there, but one could easily sneak a cord to another outlet without it looking really ridiculous. (I'd just slide the cord into a plastic floor cord cover and paint that the color of the wall.)
- Easy remote control. We turn it on before bed so we can read by the fireplace, then just hit the onoff button on the remote to turn it off before we fall asleep. One can also control the flame intensity and the heater. Super simple.
- A faux flame feels much safer to us since we have two little puppies with big curiosity, which is why we went with this over something with can flames.
- None for us. It's perfect."..."Read more
This is an absolutely beautiful piece of furniture! My 60 television looks fantastic on top (however anything larger would not). The fireplace isn't exactly realistic but it still gives a greatThis is an absolutely beautiful piece of furniture! My 60 television looks fantastic on top (however anything larger would not). The fireplace isn't exactly realistic but it still gives a great ambiance. I am incredibly happy with this purchase!"..."Read more
A Modern fireplace is very
simple and has clean lines. It
has a new or contemporary shape,
style and finish.
A Traditional fireplace looks
like a family heirloom, seldom
in light woods. Ornate,
detailed, generally pretty heavy
and expensive looking. Has
details like curled metal,
ornate handles, marble tops,
A Transitional fireplace is
simpler than traditional, but
not 100% modern. Soft but clean
lines, would be at home in
“Better Homes and Gardens”. Some
overlap with Traditional. Would
make the item seem pretty
traditional with traditional
accessories and furniture or at
home in a modern environment
with more modern accessories.
A Rustic fireplace is heavy,
would be found in lodge, ski
resort, or log cabinet in
Arizona, Nevada or Vermont.