Queen Cleopatra, set out in her royal adornments, lies stone dead upon a bed of gold in this scene taken almost directly from Plutarch's, Life of Antony. Conjuring the image with a rich balance of mythology and a fascination with the Orient, French painter Rixens displays the skill for historic portraiture that made him a Chevalier of the Legion d Honneur. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. The imported, delicately carved hardwood frame boasts a delicate leaf motif with fine feathered detailing finished in antique gold tones.
- Artist: Jean-Andre Rixens
- Authentic stretched canvas
- Hand applied brushstrokes
- Hand cut frame
- Design Toscano exclusive
- Small: 14.5" H x 17" W x 1" D, 10 lbs
- Medium: 23" H x 29" W x 1" D, 17 lbs
- Large: 29" H x 37.5" W x 1" D, 21 lbs
- Grande: 37" H x 49" W x 1" D, 28 lbs
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.