Copernicus Educational Products began in 1989 after George Phillips retired from being teacher, science coordinator and principal. He developed and patented his first product "The Science Block Kit" from his basement to teach hands-on science for the elementary grades. In 1992 George's son Jim began working with him after college. They had made the big move from the basement to the garage and then to a 3500-square-foot shop in 1993. At this point of the business they decided to focus on design and manufacturing through a network of dealers. Since then Copernicus has grown to employ over 50 people with a 37,000-square-foot facility today.
When Jim took over Copernicus in 2001 it was with the same vision of creating innovative, teacher-focused child-safe products. Jim continues to grow Copernicus into the future, providing customers with the best quality educational products.
Teachers' Carts (1949)