In 1946 Rowe Fine Furniture, Inc. began production of upholstered chairs out of a small factory in Virginia. This was the beginning of an international furniture manufacturer that continues to set the industry pace to this day.
Since its inception, Rowe has been delighting customers with the highest-quality upholstered furniture. With numerous collections, Rowe is able to successfully update their lines to give a contemporary and elegant perspective on traditional favorites.
Whether you are looking for an entire living room set or just individual pieces such as sofas, loveseats, chairs or ottomans Rowe promises to have something you are interested in. Rowe strives for the highest craftsmanship which has created countless contemporary favorites!
Recently Rowe has taken a proactive role in protecting our environment. A new concept, known as EcoRowe, has been rolled out with the goal to incorporate eco-friendly elements in the production of all their upholstered furniture. So far Rowe has introduced two new, eco-friendly cushions; over 140 natural fiber fabrics; the use of wood from replenished domestic forests and several enhanced manufacturing and recycling programs at their factory.
| Reflex NaturalTM Cushion Core by Foamex |
- Rowe's Eco Cushion core is partially plant based, reducing the use of petroleum by 20%
- It's eco friendly cushion is produced using Variable Pressure Foaming (VPF) technology, which is virtually an emission-free manufacturing process
- Reflex Natural also contains organic, halogen-free fire retardants
| Sustainable Hardwood Frames |
Rowe Furniture prides itself as a founding member of the Sustainable Furniture Council (SFC), created to promote sustainable practices among manufacturers, retailers, and consumers alike and to:
- To raise awareness of the sustainability issue
- To assist companies in adopting good practices
- To create a symbol of assurance for consumer
Only using lumber harvested from domestic forests, which are replenished as they are harvested, Rowe Furniture is a proud member of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
| The Manufacturing Process|
The manufacturing facility in Elliston, Virginia has instituted a number of initiatives and engaged the entire workforce in thinking about ways to advance the Rowe Eco Friendly approached to manufacturing. Details include:
- Reducing overall methanol emissions
- Using packaging which contains recycled material
- Bailing and recycling all carboard, plastic, synthetic cotton, paper and poly from the manufacturing process
- Recycling paper used during the fabric cutting process and throughout the office
- Recycling the synthetic fiber
- Using natural-ingredient based cleaning solutions