A.A. Importing Company, Inc. was founded in 1934 by A.A. Gralnick in the Gas Light Square area in St. Louis, MO. It began as a distributor for kerosene lamp parts and accessories. Prior to and after World War II, A.A. Importing was heavily involved in the importation of fine crystal and art glass, as well as fine porcelain from Europe. The company became famous for its fine selection of art glass and accessories for the antique trader as well as replacement parts. That was the beginning of building a strong foundation for A.A. Importing in the antique reproduction business. As the nation developed an even greater interest in decorating with an antique theme, A.A. Importing was again at the forefront. Today their sources of antique reproductions have expanded worldwide.