Learning was never so much fun! If you're looking for a revolutionary band curriculum that builds solid musicianship while motivating your students to practice throughout the year, then you've found it! This full band curriculum is sound in its pedagogy, written by leading young band composers and educators, including Robert W. Smith and Michael Story. The integration of important songs from the band world, that are both familiar and fun to play, is one of the stellar aspects of this course.
Throughout the book, students experience music from a veritable 'who's who' list of great band composers. They'll discover the musical contributions of Henry Fillmore, Johann Sebastian Bach, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Clare Grundman, Ralph Vaughan-Williams, Scott Joplin, Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky, and Igor Stravinsky.
Some of the notable features include
* A wonderful variety of melodies that span various styles and periods, including many popular themes students will know today
* A 78-track CD in each student book with accompaniments for various songs and exercises throughout the lesson book
* Professional recordings in diverse styles keep practice fun
* Four comprehensive score / teacher volumes with guided lessons, related activities and supplementary experience ideas
* Historical notes and biographies on some of the most notable composers of band music
* A percussion book that exposes students to learning and performing on more than 25 different instruments
* Develops composition, arranging, improvisation, and ear training, as well as music reading skills
Reproducible worksheets and overhead transparencies to enhance classroom and home learning
* Includes 11 full band pieces written by Michael Story and Robert W. Smith, including Star Wars® (Main Title) in book 2
* Teacher CDs that includes accompaniments, ear training, and lesson-related listening activities for the students
Your students will love playing along with the CD accompaniment tracks! And, for the director, the Teacher's Curriculum Package
provides the four teacher edition volumes, the Teacher Support Pack (worksheets, forms, and transparencies), the Teacher Resource Guide, and the Teacher CD pack, which make lesson planning easy and enjoyable. The related activities, supplementary lesson ideas, curriculum planning information and much, much more are offered to assist and inspire you.
- Category: Print Music
- Format: Book and CD
- Author: Robert W. Smith; Susan L. Smith; Michael Story; Garland E. Markham; Richard C. Crain; Arranger: Linda J. Gammon; James Campbell
- Instrumentation: Horn in F
- Song List (contributor): Concert F Relay; Coventry Chorale; Danse Infernale; Die Miestersinger; A Tempo Chorale; African Echoes; Allunde Alluia; An Uphill Climb; Arborhill March; As Time Goes By [Herman Hupfeld (composer)]; Aura Lee Warm Up; Bach Chorale; Bach Minuet; Back to Home; Bamboo Fiah; Baroque Chorale; Batman Theme [Neal Hefti (composer)]; Blueberry Pie; Bolero Nuevo; Brahms Lullaby; Brookshire Melody; Butter Fingers; Camptown Races; Can You Read My Mind? [Leslie Bricusse (lyricist); John Williams (composer)]; Canoe Song; Chordal Chorale; Chromatic Chorale; Chromatics de la Cool; Chorale from 1812 Overture; Clarke Bars; Classical Chorale; Dissymmetric; Down and Up; Dry Bones; Dynamic Changes; Dynamic Chorale; El Captain; Expressive Choral; Extreme Velocity; F-Stretch; Fanfare; Fanfare for the Season; Festival of Lights; Firebird Warm Up; Flamacue March; Flight of the Bumblebee; Greensleeves; Guantanamera; Happy Birthday to You [Mildred Hill (contributor); Patty Hill (contributor)]; The Hey Song [Gary Glitter (contributor); Mike Leander (contributor)]; Hungarian Folk Song; I Got Rhythm [George Gershwin (contributor); Ira Gershwin (contributor)]; Irish Melody; Irish Washerwoman; Isolation; Jammin' on Db; Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring; Jingle Bells [James Pierpont (contributor)]; Just for the Trill of It; La Paloma; Lady of Spain [Erell Reaves (composer); Tolchard Evans (composer)]; Las Mananitas; Little Liza Jane; Loch Lomond; Londonderry Air; Long Time No See; Louie, Louie [Richard Berry (contributor)]; Manhattan Beach; Maple Leaf Rag; March Ionian; March Marcato; March Militaire; March Nationale; March of the Toy Soldiers; Matchmaker [Sheldon Harnick (contributor); Jerry Bock (contributor)]; Merrily We Roll Along [Eddie Cantor (composer); Charles Tobias (composer); Murray Mencher (composer)]; The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down [Cliff Friend (contributor); Dave Franklin (contributor)]; Military Escort; Mixing the Eighths; Modern Enharmonics; More Open Fifths; Morning Mood; Morris Dance; Mouthpiece Echo Warm Up; My Old Kentucky Town; New Note Chorale; New World Symphony; Non Piu Andrai; Ode to Joy Major; Ode to Joy Minor; Old Time Rock and Roll [George Jackson (composer); Thomas E. Jones III (composer)]; On the Dot; Over the Rainbow (from 'The Wizard of Oz') [Harold Arlen (composer); E. Y. Harburg (lyricist)]; Pavane; Proud Mary [John Fogerty (composer)]; Ragtime Rhythms; Ragtime Sixteenths; Renaissance Chorale; Revenge of the Slurs; Reverse the Dot; Rockin' Rolling Sixteenths; Roll On Dude; Sabre Dance (from 'Gayane' Ballet) [Aram Khachaturian (composer)]; Satin Doll (Instrumental) [Duke Ellington (contributor)]; Semiramide; Short and Sweet; Sing, Sing, Sing [Louis Prima (composer)]; Sleeping Beauty; Sleigh Ride (Instrumental) [Leroy Anderson (composer)]; Song of Kokkiriko; Songs of the Sea; Star Chorale; Star Wars (Main Title); Start and Release; Subdivide and Conquer; Sweet Sixteenths; Taking the Fifth; Tambourine Tango; Tertian Chorale; The Entertainer; The Entry of the Gladiators; The Happy Whistler; The Imperial March [John Williams (composer)]; The Lion Sleeps Tonight [George David Weiss (composer); Luigi Creatore (composer); Hugo Peretti (composer)]; The Marine's Hymn; The Rose [Amanda McBroom (composer)]; The Ship for the Kompira Shrine; The Stars and Stripes Forever; The Willow Trees; The Yellow Rose of Texas [Traditional (source)]; Theme from Ice Castles [Marvin Hamlisch (contributor); Carole Bayer Sager (contributor)]; Themes from Eine Kleine Nachtmusik; Three Way Quarters; Tongue Twister; Town Lake Samba; Twinkle Variation 1; Twinkle Variation II; Two African Songs; We're Off to See the Wizard (from 'The Wizard of Oz') [Harold Arlen (composer); E. Y. Harburg (lyricist)]; When Johnny Comes Marching Home; When the Saints Go Marching In; Windsor Hills Choral; Yankee Doodle
- 56 pages
- Level 2
- Dimensions: 9" W x 12" D
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.