In 1945 with a small building located in NE Minneapolis, Minnesota, Mr. Alvin Cohn and his son William Cohn started selling warehouse furniture in the Midwest under the name of "The Alco Company." After being in business for a number of years, Mr. Cohn added Mr. Melvin Larson in the business on January 1, 1951. Shortly after Mr. Cohn;s son-in-law, Mr. George Selcer, joined the company. This partnership continued until Mr. Cohn passed away in 1966. Mr. Selcer and Mr. Larson remained partners and the business continued to grow. Even when Mr. Selcer passed away in 1987, Mr. Larson kept the business going as the oldest furniture distribution warehouse in the area. "Alco" is the oldest name in furniture distribution in the Midwest. Independent furniture retailers throughout the Midwest know Alco for its quality products, helpful service, reliable on-time shipping and great prices.